sexta-feira, 26 de fevereiro de 2016

First transsexual Oscar nominee announces that it will not at the ceremony


A cantora Anohni

British singer Anohni, first transsexual to be nominated for an Oscar, announced on her Facebook page that will not the awards, which takes place this Sunday (28).

She explains, without naming names, that excitement to learn of the statement was decreasing when he realized that the Academy chose to only considered artists presentations "commercially viable". Lady Gaga and Sam Smith are among those artists.

"I want to make clear. I know I was not directly excluded for being transgender. I was not invited to introduce myself because I'm relatively unknown in the US, singing song about ecocide and can not sell advertising space."

Anonhi, which toured in Brazil last year, competes with the song "Manta Rey" of the documentary "The Race Against the Extinction" on human effects on the environment.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário