The dispute of the Democratic Party on Sunday (1) was tied in the Iowa caucus, the first preview of the presidential race in the United States. Although the next vote is only scheduled for Tuesday (9), in the state of New Hampshire, the issue of relations with Moscow has been a constant geopolitical asset among the presidential candidates.

Hillary Clinton (Democrat)
According to the Ipsos institute, organization specializing in polls which operates in 87 countries, Clinton remains the undisputed leader in the race for the presidency, accumulating 42% of the overall votes in the latest research.
"I remain convinced that we need a concerted effort to actually increase the pressure on Russia and in particular about Putin. I [included] in the category of people who wanted more from us in response to the annexation of the Crimea and the continuing destabilization of Ukraine. "
"We all wish that Putin chose to modernize his country and approached the West rather than sink into historical roots with a tsar posture, intimidation over national borders and projection of Russian power in Syria and elsewhere."
"I think the objectives of Russia are blocking and confront and undermine American power when and where possible. I do not think there is much to be surprised about them. "
Bernie Sanders (Democratic Party)
According to Ipsos, Sanders is in second place with 31% of the overall votes.

"Bernie Sanders supports vigorous and coherent attitude to Russian President Vladimir Putin," reads the official website of pre-candidate's campaign for the Democratic Party.
"Bernie supports the imposition of economic sanctions and international pressure as an alternative to any direct military confrontation when dealing with Russia. (...) The United States should work together to develop a unified approach with our international allies in order to deal effectively with the Russian aggression. "
Donald Trump (Republican Party)
According to Ipsos, Trump occupies the third place with 29% of the overall votes.

Regarding the Russian military intervention in Syria, Trump said he supported the decision of Putin is Russia's intent is to bomb Islamic State positions (EI). "To the extent that it attacks [EI], I'm all in favor," said the Republican presidential candidate.
"I always felt very good about Putin. (...) He drives his country, at least it's a leader, you can not say what we have in our country, "said Trump, in the debate between the Republican Party presidential candidates in late 2015.
Ted Cruz (Republican Party)
According to Ipsos, 12% of the electorate chooses Cruz.

It is dangerous for dictators like Putin when Americans remember their exceptionality. The unique combination of power and principle that has made America the greatest force for good the world has historically imposed a serious threat to repressive bullies. "
"We redouble our efforts to develop defensive weapons that neutralized the Soviet threat - especially missile defense system (...) We must not only get moving quickly to install interceptors canceled which Putin opposed in Poland and the Czech Republic, but also to develop the next generation of systems that will only increase their frustration. "
"No one in his right mind would believe in Putin's statement that he is there [in Syria] to help fight terrorists. Obama believed, but only because it is hopelessly naive. "
Ben Carson (Republican Party)
Only 8% of US voters will vote in Carson, according to Ipsos.

"I would say [to Putin] that we are a peaceful nation. But we are not wimps and we will not allow it to extend its influence over places where we have interests. "
"Putin has high aspirations, not only in Syria, but globally. And you need to put a strong barrier against him everywhere. I mean, you know, throughout the Baltic basin. "
"I think we should deploy our missile defense system. I believe we must provide weapons to Ukraine, and I think we should fight them economically, because [Russia] Putin is a limited country to oil and energy. "
Jeb Bush (Republican Party)
Son of George H. W. Bush and brother of George W. Bush, Jeb remains in sixth place in the race, with only 7% of the vote, according to Ipsos.

"You want me to me referring [to Putin] as a weak leader. He is a strong leader. I will not be politically correct. He is very popular in Russia. "
"Putin was organized to challenge the United States throughout the world. He sees his success to contain us. We are losing influence in the world, and Putin is gaining influence. It is not an ally. He is a dictator. He's a bully. "
Marco Rubio (Republican Party)
According to Ipsos, 14% of voters plan to vote for Rubio.

"As soon as I take office, I will act quickly to increase pressure on Moscow. Under my administration, there will be joint meeting with Vladimir Putin. It will be treated for what it is -. A gangster and a criminal "
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário