quarta-feira, 28 de setembro de 2016

Who is the Miss Universe that was humiliated by Donald Trump

Alicia Machado

Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado was called "Miss Piggy" (Miss piggy, in free translation), and "Miss Housekeeping" (Miss Maid, in free translation) by Donald Trump.

The first offense given by the current Republican candidate for the US presidency was concerned Alicia weight. The second was related to its Latin origin.

She won the title in 1996 when he was 19 years old. At the time, the billionaire had just arrived at the command of the contest, in which he remained until last year.

"It can not be the US president," she tells the Guardian, 20 years later. She lives in Los Angeles, he was naturalized US a few days ago, and will be able to vote on election day November 8, when Trump and Hillary Clinton vying for the White House.

His case came to light after the presidential debate on Monday (26), when Clinton used his story to illustrate the history machismo and misogyny Trump.

"Donald, it has a name. His name is Alicia Machado, she became an American citizen and you can bet that it will vote in November," Clinton said.

After the debate, Democrat team also released again a video where Trump appears ridiculing Alicia, who faced problems like anorexia after being crowned Miss Universe. "I was very depressed," he told Inside Edition.



Several times, Trump admitted without compunction, have pushed the young woman to lose weight at the time. "She gained a lot of weight and it was a real problem," he said in an interview with Fox News.

This week, Alicia told the press that he hopes his experience motivate Americans never vote for Trump.

"I never thought and never imagined that 20 years later I would be in this position, seeing this guy again doing stupid things and stupid comments. I'm not a beauty queen, I am not more Miss Universe. I am a worker, I'm a mother. .. I have a family, have a career, I have my own business and, you know, if my story can raise awareness in this election, that's what I'm trying to do. "

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário